Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Fieldtrip: United States Botanic Garden

My Better Half and I traveled to D.C. to attend a wedding and to visit some friends. The trip was a whole lot of fun. However, in a city oozing American History, one of my favorite stops was the United States Botanic Garden.

The gardens were absolutely beautiful, with both interior and exterior exhibits. I couldn't take enough pictures! Here is a very brief overview of the exterior gardens. All of these guys grow in D.C.'s toasty Zone 8.







The gardeners at work outside were a welcoming and friendly group. I pestered with questions about various plants and the care of said plants. Someone in the rose garden suggested a mixture of alfalfa and epson salts to keep the roses happy. She suggested also checking out the United States Botanic Garden site for additional gardening information.

No comments:

Post a Comment